Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Website

http://avoidtheviolence.weebly.com/

My website is about video game violence and how it can cause aggressive behaviors in teens. I started off by asking the question if you could get away with certain crimes would you actually commit them or would avoid them because you know they were wrong. Then I chose a couple of video games that have really cause controversy in the video game world and some that were just plain violent. The first to games I talk about really had an effect on the video game world because of their violence. After the release of Mortal Kombat, the video game industry had to set up a rating system for its games. Then Grand Theft Auto has been the discussion for many court cases. Then I moved into a story about a teen that had shot three cops because he thought he was living in a video game. After this I moved into the critics of video games, which include the United States government and select news programs. After the critics I moved into my personal opinion. I really do believe that video games do not cause violent behaviors. When people blame violence on video games its like blaming all guns in the world for people dying, when we actually know people die from all sorts of things like old age and diseases. When children play video games they should be able to develop the disconnect between real life and their fictional world. My website was about video game violence. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Jonesy! Just so you know you forgot to post a 250 word summary of your website!! So you might wanna fix this post.

    ReplyDelete